Skip to main content

mySchoolBucks FAQ



Do I have to participate in this program?

No, this program is totally voluntary.  You may continue to make payments to the school as you have done in the past.  You will continue to receive lunch account letters weekly if you have an outstanding deficit.


How do I know my information is secure?
Transaction information is encrypted and sent from your PC to the server via a secure gateway. Look for the "https" in the address field of your web browser window, and the closed lock in the bottom tray of the browser window.

How can I request notification via email when my child's balance is low?
In the left navigation panel of the mySchoolBucks website, click the 'Email Preferences' link, then check the box to request low balance notifications and fill in the amount. When your child's balance goes below that amount, an email message will be automatically sent to the email address in your user profile.

Why did I receive another notice that my child's balance is low?
If your child's balance changes, the email notification is reset to send a new message. You should receive only one notification each time the balance goes below your selected minimum dollar amount.

How can I request a receipt via email when I make a payment?
In the left navigation panel of the mySchoolBucks website, click the Email Preferences link, then check the box to request a confirmation receipt via email. Each time you make a payment, a confirmation will be sent to the email address in your user profile.

Can other people make payments on my child's account?
Other adults can make payments on your child's account if they know the child's name and either birth date or student ID. Multiple users can have the same child added to their profile. Remember that is intended to be used by adults who can purchase with a credit card, and that you are responsible for protecting the confidentiality of your password and should not permit any other person to use your password. Of Course, payments may still be made at the school just as it has been done in the past.

How can I see a list of all the payments I've made?
In the left navigation panel of the mySchoolBucks website, click the My Payment History link. A list of all credit card payments made from your user account is shown.

How can I see what my child has purchased in the school cafeteria?
Logon to the and choose 'My Household' from the menu, then click the 'View Cafeteria Purchases' link to the right of the child's name that you are interested in. A list of purchases made in the cafeteria will show.

What credit cards/methods of payment are accepted? can take a number of payment methods.  We will accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and debit card payments only.  

How long does it take for a payment to be added to my child's account?
Credit card payments are authorized during the order process on, and your credit card account is immediately charged. Payments made with a credit card are collected nightly and will normally show up in your child's account on the very next school day. Payments are typically posted to your student’s account shortly after the payment is made.  In rare cases, however, it may take longer for the payment to reach the school due to unforeseen issues.  If this occurs, please check to ensure that your payment was completed and allow one school day.

Is there a fee for using mySchoolBucks?
There is NO FEE for VIEWING you child’s account, however, mySchoolBucks requires a $2 service fee for each payment you make using mySchoolBucks .com.  You will be notified on a screen prior to completing the payment transaction and this service fee will be required for each payment you make using For more information, please see theirTerms of Service (

Why does my online bank statement show a *pending* charge after my payment was declined?
If you receive a message when processing your payment that indicates the billing address or the three digit card verification code doesn't match the bank records, your credit card provider will place a temporary hold of funds on your credit card. The *pending* charge may temporarily appear on your online credit card or bank statement but the charge will be automatically removed in 2-3 banking days. The 'authorization hold' is a normal banking industry practice.

What happens if my child changes schools?

If your child moves to a new school in thesamedistrict, you can continue using your account as long as that school is a participant. When the school district updates their enrollment records prior to the start of school mySchoolBucks will also be automatically updated with the new enrollment information. Caywood Elementary and Lexington Middle School are both mySchoolBucks participants. If you move to an entirely different school district (such as Henderson County Schools), you must check to see if their system is a mySchoolBucks participant and create a new user account. will provide a list of available school districts during the New User sign up process.

Note: Scheduled payments for cafeteria meals always apply to a specific school. When the student transfers to a new school the scheduled payment for the old school is no longer valid and must be canceled. Please setup a new scheduled payment for your child at their new school.

Why is my child's balance not listed?
Balance information may not be available when your child moves to a new school and the school has not yet sent the new balance to the website. The balances are usually updated around the first day of school.

What happens if I move to a new district?
If you change school districts, you must create a new user account. will provide a list of available school districts during the New User sign up process. Note: Promoting from CES to LMS is not changing districts; however, you may be required to update some of your personal account management information at this time.

Why did my child's balance not update when I made my payment?
Payments made through the website transfer to the school site and update your child's account balance in the school site Point-of-Sale computer. Once the payment travels to the school site and updates the balance it will transfer back up to the website so you can see the updated balance. Generally this process takes 2 school days.

Who should I contact if...My payment didn't show up at the school?
First, check 'My Payment History' to make sure the payment was completed and approved. If the payment appears there, go to 'Cafeteria Purchases' and check the student's purchase history. If the payment shows in the Cafeteria Purchases, it has been successfully received at the child's school. If not, make sure you have allowed at least 2 school days for the payment to transfer to the school. If the payment does not appear after that, contact mySchoolBucks at (855)832-5262 for assistance.   Remember it is always in your best interest to print and retain a copy of each of your mySchoolBucks transactions.

How do I setup a future scheduled or recurring payment?
On the mySchoolBucks website, choose 'Make A Payment" from the menu. Choose the item to purchase and enter the amount to pay for your child then add the item to the basket. Once the item is in the basket, if recurring payments are enabled you'll find the option to "Setup A Payment Schedule' just under your child's name. Click the link to enter your schedule options.

How do I cancel or change an existing scheduled payment?
To cancel a scheduled payment logon to, choose 'View/Edit' on the 'My Household' page next to the payment description and choose 'Cancel This Order' from the next window. If you wish to change an existing scheduled payment, follow these same steps to cancel it and then create a new one with your new options.

How do I transfer funds between students?
If both students attend the same school district, you may contact the food service director at their school and they can do this for you.

We have moved and I would like a refund of my balance. Who do I contact?
Refund requests are processed by your school district. Please contact the school your child attended to fill out a request for refund. For more assistance call: (731)968-8457 ext. 406.


 How do I get started?
 Getting started is a simple three-step process.
 1. On the website, create a user profile by clicking on the Register button on the home page.
 2. Add students to your household - you'll need the child's name as it appears on the informational         letter you received from the school 12-19-13 and birth date and 7 digit student ID#
 3. Now you're ready to make payments!

What if I forgot my Login ID or password?
On the right side of the mySchoolBucks login page, click on "Forgot Your ID or Password?". The system will ask for your login name or your email address. If a match is found, you must answer your security question correctly before you'll be prompted to enter a new password. If you can't remember your security answer you may alternatively choose the option to receive a password reset request by email.